Free trial resources
Academic Search Ultimate (until 31st March 2017) remote access:
- Academic Search Ultimate offers an unprecedented collection of peer-reviewed, full-text journals, including many journals indexed in leading citation indexes.
- Academic Search Ultimate offers access to resources cited in key subject indexes. The combination of academic journals, magazines, periodicals, reports, books and videos meets the needs of scholars in virtually every discipline ranging from astronomy, anthropology, biomedicine, engineering, health, law and literacy to mathematics, pharmacology, women’s studies, zoology and more.
- With thousands of English-language and native-language full-text journals from Asia, Oceania, Europe and Latin America, Academic Search Ultimate provides an enormous advantage to students seeking a broader, more global perspective in their research.
- more information
Business Source Ultimate (until 31st March 2017) remote access:
- Business Source Ultimate offers an unprecedented wealth of peer-reviewed, full-text journals and other resources that provide historical information and current trends in business that spark discussion on future developments and changes in the business world
- Business Source Ultimate provides users with a broader, more global perspective in their research to track business trends and topics worldwide with thousands of English-language and native-language full-text journals from Asia, Oceania, Europe and Latin America.
- A collection of more than 60,000 videos from the Associated Press, the world’s leading news agency, adds a new dimension to student research.
- Through the Company View feature users receive detailed company information on finances, subsidiaries, products, employees and industry specifics for more than 1.1 million of the world’s largest public and private companies.
- more information
Sociology Source Ultimate (until 31st March 2017) remote access:
- Sociology Source Ultimate provides the must-have materials for students studying aspects of social behavior and interaction.
- Coverage of topics ranges from gender identity, marriage and family, to demographics, political sociology, religion and socio-cultural anthropology.
- Sociology Source Ultimate includes many essential titles indexed in leading citation indexes as well as hundreds of scholarly full-text journals cited in leading subject indexes.
- Hundreds of English-language and native-language full-text journals from Asia, Oceania, Europe and Latin America bring a global perspective to researching the human experience.
- Sociology Source Ultimate features more than 26,000 author profiles covering the most cited and most influential authors in the database, who are experts in their field.
- more information
eBook Academic Collection (until 31st March 2017) remote access:
- offering more than 150,000 e-books
- this collection includes titles from leading university presses such as Oxford University Press, MIT Press, State University of New York Press, Cambridge University Press, University of California Press, McGill-Queen's University Press, Harvard University Press and many others. Additional academic publishers include Elsevier, Ashgate Publishing, Taylor & Francis, Sage Publications and John Wiley & Sons
- subject coverage: Art, Business and economics, Education, Language arts and discipline, Literary criticism, Medical, Performing arts, Philosophy, Poetry, Political science, Religion, Social science, Technology and engineering etc.
List of available licensed online databases is here.
For searching accross licensed online databases as well as online library catalog (base NKC) and Union catalog (base SKC) use discovery service EDS.
EBSCO Discovery Service (EDS) - NL CR
Detailed information on remote access.
Licensed resources which are accessible to registered users of the NL CR are intented to be used for study and research purposes only, namely in the standard way and using the tools which are offered by selected resource. While working with licensed resources it is not acceptable to use various types of robots or other automated download programs. The right to access licensed resources may be taken away from those users who will use non-standard tools during searching, browsing or saving data from licensed resources.